This Update Edition is To Help Advisors Remember Important Items To Take Care of Before State FFA Convention!!
Wisconsin FFA Convention June 12-15, 2023
Refer to the Wisconsin FFA Convention Website for all details.
Recent Press Releases
The Wisconsin FFA Foundation builds resources through the development of partnerships which support the Wisconsin FFA mission of premier leadership, personal growth, and career success through agricultural education. There are currently two staff positions that coordinate fund development efforts (corporate and individual sponsorships, direct mail solicitations, golf outings, state convention activities), outgoing communication (website, newsletters, email, social media, face-to-face meetings), manage the board and committees, enter and track data, and maintain the finances.
The Wisconsin FFA Foundation is seeking to hire a full-time, potentially hybrid Operations and Events Coordinator to support its Operations Manager and Executive Director in executing day-to-day operational activities and event-based work. This position will provide broad support with the focus on optimizing the functionality of operational software and systems, providing key event coordination for fundraising and marketing activities in collaboration with the Executive Director, and other general administrative support.
An ideal candidate will possess many of these qualities:
- A passion for logistics and organization of events
- A critical thinker
- Professionally identify and offer solutions to problems or inefficiencies
- A desire to work collaboratively and professionally with WI FFA Foundation staff, board members, and partners
- Excellent judgement with the ability to maintain a high level of integrity with confidential information
Duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or database maintenance, entries, and event programming
- Operational assistance, such as processing mail, gift acknowledgements, file organization, and updating file systems
- Assist with follow up and general customer service communications, such as replying to general inquiries, answering calls and returning voicemails
- Work with Executive Director to plan and execute fundraising events, included but not limited to golf outings, convention expo, silent auctions, or other activities where the mission of the Foundation can be promoted, and donations can be solicited
- Basic website maintenance and page updates related to events and additional operation-related needs
- Attend Board of Directors meetings, State FFA Convention or other industry events as needed within scope of the position
- Associate degree and 2 years of work experience
- Financial knowledge of budgets and AP/AR
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management or database software and the willingness to learn strategies for optimizing donor database information. Experience with Neon CRM a bonus.
- Experience with basic website maintenance
- Event coordination and on-site management experience
- Ability to prioritize projects and professional schedule
To apply, submit a detailed letter of application addressing the competencies and technical/professional knowledge, a current resume, and the names and contact information for three (3) references to:
WI FFA Foundation Executive Director, Abigail Quinlan, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application will remain open until the position is filled.