Membership / How to Join
There are two ways to join WAAE:
- WAAE Professional Development Conference registration includes your dues for the upcoming school year.
- If you are unable to attend the conference for any reason, simply create or log into your user account, and then locate the prompts to "Join/Renew Membership." Your membership will be considered active after payment is received by the WAAE office.
WAAE encourages its members to actively participate in leadership opportunities through the organization. Such opportunities help individuals to grow professionally, serve the organization, and help advance Wisconsin Ag Ed.
"Not only was I able to represent the agricultural educators throughout the State of Wisconsin, but I was able to learn about the different agricultural education programs and curriculum taught in other districts which allowed me to expand the curriculum at my home school district." ~ Kim Houser, Agriculture Educator at Wisconsin Heights
"I highly recommend that any school district striving to be on the cutting edge of learning and enhancing curriculum development in their school district support their faculty in pursuing such dreams of serving the State while growing in their personal knowledge and wisdom." ~ Cliff Thompson, Ed.D, Sauk Prairie School District Superintendent
WAAE actively engages in a variety of partnerships to support our members. These have direct benefits like idea-sharing synergies and supportive relationships. There are also indirect benefits of elevating and advance the entire Ag Ed program and profession.
WAAE supports all new and early-career teachers, including assigning formal mentors, hosting monthly webinar series, special program at the Professional Development Conference. Visit for more details and resources.
Mid- and late-career teachers are energized by social and professional interactions with one-another. It elevates the rapport and morale, as well as helps their programs continue to flourish with new ideas. These peer-to-peer exchanges happen naturally during the WAAE sponsored and supported professional development events.
WAAE has two annual legislative advocacy activities, and provides resources for members to do their own efforts. During times of contentious legislative decisions, WAAE increases its grassroots efforts. One annual activity facilitated by WAAE is the annual "FFA Day on the Hill" during the Wisconsin FFA Convention. The other is annual participation with full expenses paid for 3-4 members to attend the National Policy Seminar in Washington D.C.
Team Ag Ed Collaboration
WAAE is an active member of Wisconsin Team Ag Ed, the entity that pulls together all Ag Ed-related organizations to plan and execute ways to improve the state and local level Ag Ed programming.
Business and Organizational Cooperations
Healthy cooperation with businesses and organizations helps WAAE members to have the most relevant content for use within their Ag Ed programs. WAAE invites such groups to submit proposals to facilitate workshops during our annual Professional Development Conference. We also invite groups to exhibit during our Educational Expo at the conference.
Wisconsin Agricultural Education offers professional development for its instructors in various formats throughout the year. WAAE supports the programming at different levels, depending on the events.
- Teach Ag Thrives
- New Teacher Mentoring
- Awards & Recognition
- Region III Conference - National/Regional Event, Stipends for WAAE members
- WAAE Professional Development Conference - State WAAE Event
- Fall DPI In-Services - DPI Sectional Event, Supported by WAAE
- 212/360 FFA Conference - State FFA Event with WAAE PD programming
- NAAE - National Event, Stipends for WAAE members
- Half-Time FFA Conference - State FFA Event with WAAE PD programming
- National Policy Seminar - National ACTE Event, WAAE sends reps
- 212/EDGE FFA Conference - State FFA Event with WAAE PD programming