Contact Nicole Nelson with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-470-8369 (voice or text)
Click here to log into your WAAE online account and submit or access workshop/tour proposals.
The WAAE Professional Development Conference hosts 300 secondary and post-secondary agricultural education instructors. Participants attend up to nine workshops/tours at scheduled times during the four-day event. More details about the conference can be found here.
Topics revolve around three main areas: content, teaching enhancements and personal growth. Here is a sampling of sub-topics:
- Content - often fits into one of the seven Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources pathways:
- Animal Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Food Products and Processing
- Natural Resources
- Plant Sciences
- Power, Structural and Technical Systems
- Teaching Enhancements
- Utilizing technology in the classroom
- Ag/Science Equivalency
- Inquiry-based curriculum
- Incorporating leadership (FFA) and career/employability skills (SAE - Supervised Agricultural Experiences)
- Personal Growth
- Time management and prioritization strategies
- Living your blend of work/personal life - accepting and directing the seasonal ebb and flow
- Managing conflicts with less stress
- Healthy living - physical, relational, spiritual, mental/emotional
Remember, a great workshop/tour will lead to greater participation in future years!
- Fun! - This will translate to engaging and hands-on for students
- Turn-key - present the material in the way that participants can go and present it to their students
- New and trending topics/examples - keeps the classroom relevant and cutting-edge (for example: CRISPR, beef hormones, animal welfare, GMOs, pesticides, dicamba drift (mode of action explanation))
We want presenters and participants alike to have a phenomenal experience with PDC workshops/tours. We hope these hints will be useful!
Preview a PDF version of the online submission form.
- Arguably the most important element of your proposal. Participants sort through roughly 70 workshop/tour options (10+ per timeslot) during the registration process to select which ones they want to attend.
- Be sure it is short and communicates the topic
- Tips for making it catchy: use words like "new" and "modern" and incorporate buzz words and topics
- 50-75 words is ideal
- To-the-point explanation of workshop/tour topics and activities
- Leave off "in this session" intro. Instead, simply start with something like "we will."
- If applicable, include whether material will be geared toward beginner/advanced level
- Log into your WAAE online account
- Click on “Professional Development Sessions”
- Click on “Submit a New Session”
- Session proposals will be reviewed in early January
- Applicants will be notified by email in late January regarding status of session proposal
- Applicants can track submitted proposals by logging back into his/her online account.