Wisconsin FFA Foundation announces Scholarship Recipients
Madison, Wis. [May 11, 2017] – The Wisconsin FFA Foundation recently awarded nearly $30,000 in post-secondary scholarships to 40 Wisconsin FFA members from 32 chapters. Recipients of these awards will be recognized at the 88th Wisconsin FFA Convention in mid-June, as will the 24 generous sponsors of these annual scholarships.
Scholarships were awarded to seniors in high school, or students currently enrolled in a university or technical college. They must be in good standing with the Wisconsin Association of FFA and also maintain an acceptable scholastic record.
The 2017 Wisconsin FFA Foundation scholarships are possible through the generous annual contributions and endowed funds by companies, industry organizations and individual supporters, all of whom share the Foundation’s passion for agriculture education and leadership development.
“Each year, the scholarship selection process demonstrates to us that we have highly impressive, talented, and deserving FFA members in Wisconsin,” says John Hromyak, executive director of the Wisconsin FFA Foundation. “Our generous benefactors make life-changing investments in these students, and we are very grateful for their continued support.”
The 2017 Wisconsin FFA Foundation scholarship recipients and donors include:
- Brenna Bays, Adams-Friendship FFA – Louis M. Sasman of the Kiwanis Club of Downtown Madison Endowment
- Meikah Dado, Amery FFA – Matthew D. Anderson Endowment Fund
- Mitchell Schroepfer, Antigo FFA – Walter & Delores Bjoraker Endowment Fund
- Collin Weltzien, Arcadia FFA – Wisconsin Agri-Business Association
- Caleb Novak, Black Hawk FFA – Rodney O. Kittleson Endowment
- Derek Schmidt, Brillion FFA – WPS Farm Show Food Vendors
- Jessica Noble, Burlington FFA – Matthew D. Anderson Endowment Fund
- Sam Bauman, Burlington FFA – Bernie & Marty Staller Endowment
- Ciera Ballmer, Clinton FFA – Wisconsin Rural Opportunities Foundation
- Phillip Roth, Colby FFA – Collegiate FFA, UW-Madison
- Jessica Lins, Columbus FFA – GROWMARK
- Joseph Obermueller, Glenwood City FFA – Elstad Brothers Endowment
- Jennifer Shutter, Green Bay-Preble FFA – Wisconsin FFA Convention
- Alexis Schultz, Lake Mills FFA – Robert & Herta Laatsch Family Endowment
- Carley Krull, Lake Mills FFA – Equity Cooperative Livestock Sales Assoc.
- Lucianna Jenks, Marshfield FFA – Kenneth K. Heideman Endowment
- Megan Mitchell, Marshfield FFA – Kenneth K. Heideman Endowment
- Nadia Moore, Marshfield FFA – Kenneth K. Heideman Endowment
- Samuel Bauman, Marshfield FFA – Kenneth K. Heideman Endowment
- Brooke Brantner, Menomonie FFA – ConAgra Foods
- Kyle Junk, Mishicot FFA – Star Blends
- Megan Lehr, Monticello FFA – Equity Cooperative Livestock Sales Assoc.
- Lillian Feider, New Holstein FFA – Kenneth K. Heideman Endowment
- CeAnna Jaeckel, Palmyra-Eagle FFA – Robert & Herta Laatsch Family Endowment
- Colleen Toberman, Parkview FFA – GROWMARK
- Paul Boesl, Prairie Farm FFA – ConAgra Foods
- Danielle Mihalski, Pulaski FFA – Arnold & Katherine Cordes Endowment
- Emma Gwidt, Pulaski FFA – Wisconsin Rural Opportunities Foundation
- Ashley Ngocnga Walther, Randolph Cambria-Friesland FFA – Mary Elstad & Dean P Gagnon Endowment Fund
- Amber Patterson, River Ridge FFA – ANIMART
- Beth Zimmer, River Ridge FFA – Wisconsin Agri-Business Association
- Ashley Zimmerman, Spencer FFA – Wisconsin Agri-Business Association
- Katelyn Zimmerman, Spencer FFA – Blain's Farm & Fleet
- Camilla Freund, Stevens Point FFA – Mary Elstad & Dean P Gagnon Endowment Fund
- Madeline Zutz, Valders FFA – ANIMART
- Katherine Larson, Viroqua FFA – Blain's Farm & Fleet
- Taylor Eilers, Waupaca FFA – Wisconsin Agri-Business Association
- Emily Schwanke, Waupun FFA – Robert Wohlford Memorial Scholarship
- Claire Hawthorne, Westby FFA – Farmer Community Giving, Organic Valley
- Kendall Bentley, Wrightstown FFA – Harold & Geneva Beals Endowment
To impact FFA members’ lives by making a contribution to the Wisconsin FFA Foundation or establishing a scholarship like those highlighted above, call 608-831-5058 or visit www.WisconsinFFAFoundation.org.
The Wisconsin FFA Foundation, a 501 (c)(3) organization, unites individuals, organizations and companies who share a common interest in the advancement of agriculture and community leadership through FFA. You can support today’s FFA members by supporting the programs that have been core tenets of the FFA: proficiency awards, career development events, state FFA degrees, sectional leadership workshops, scholarships, chapter awards, agri-science fair, state FFA convention and state officer support. Learn more about the Wisconsin FFA Foundation and sponsorship opportunities by visiting www.wisconsinffafoundation.org.