Wisconsin FFA Foundation Accepting Applications for Next Executive Director
Position Description - Executive Director, Wisconsin FFA FoundationLocation - Foundation Office is located at 1241 John Q. Hammons Dr, Madison – Working from a home office is permitted
Degree Required - Bachelor’s Degree
Job Type - Full-Time, Supervisory, Exempt
The Wisconsin FFA Foundation builds resources through the development of partnerships which support the Wisconsin FFA mission of premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education. The Executive Director will spend the majority of their time identifying, cultivating, and fostering key relationships while establishing and executing a comprehensive fundraising program with an eye toward aggressive growth. The WI FFA Foundation staff coordinate all fundraising development efforts (corporate and individual sponsorships, direct mail solicitations, golf outings, state convention activities), outgoing communication (website, newsletters, email, social media, face-to-face meetings), manage the board and committees, enter and track data, and maintain the finances.
The successful candidate will report directly to the President of the Board of Directors. The Executive Director will oversee Foundation staff. They must be self-driven and embrace the overall vision and strategic plan of the Foundation. Competencies needed include the following:
- Demonstrated Fundraising Track Record - Securing gifts of all sizes and impacts through the development process of identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding existing and potential donors.
- Communication and Influence – Communicates effectively, verbally and nonverbally; adapts to audience.
- Accounting and Financial Management Oversight – Managerial accounting experience along with advanced spreadsheet management skills.
- Competitive/Entrepreneurial Mindset – Builds partnerships necessary to compete in a multifaceted energy environment; seeks and seizes profitable business opportunities; willing to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
- Customer/Client Focus – Meets or exceeds internal and external customer/client expectations.
- Facilitating and Managing Change – Adapts and thrives in an environment of change and transition; energizes and alerts individuals and groups to the need for specific changes.
- Leading a Successful Team – Effectively manages and guides team efforts; provides appropriate feedback concerning group progress.
- Sales Ability/Persuasiveness – Explores positions and alternatives to reach outcomes and gain acceptance of all parties involved.
Duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Fund Development – Conduct all aspects of the development cycle – identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship – to meet the goals and objectives outlined in the organization’s strategic plan. Complete all verbal and face-to-face communication with donors to answer their questions, facilitate visits, share marketing messages. Implement and oversee systems for regular, meaningful stewardship and recognition of donors. In coordination with the Operations Manager prepare and disseminate annual renewals and proposals and prepare donor thank you letters. In coordination with the Marketing and Development Coordinator prepare annual appeal letter and acknowledgement letters.
- Event/Meeting Coordination – Oversee the presentation, marketing and participant aspects of State FFA Convention activities, Convention Expo, golf outing registrations, board meetings and mailings. Coordinate recognition opportunities with donors and appropriate Team Ag Ed Staff, etc.
- Board Liaison – Work with board as individuals, committees and full group in formal and informal methods to meet the goals and objectives outlined in the organization’s strategic plan. Work with the Board President and Operations Manager for scheduling and agenda creation.
- Operations Management – Oversees the accounting function of the Foundation including reconciliation, report and budget review, and audit coordination in coordination with the Board Treasurer.
- Fundraising Event Coordination – Work with the local committees to coordinate the annual golf outings and serve as a liaison for donor-led fundraising events
- Team Ag Ed – Participates as the “face” of the organization at Team Ag Ed meetings and conferences/conventions, participates in state staff conference calls, etc. Overnight travel may be required.
- Administer Award Programs – Oversee the process of requesting applications, selecting winners and announcing winners of the various grants and post-secondary scholarships.
- Development-Focused Marketing – Coordinate marketing tactics utilized by the staff and board members in their development efforts. This includes overseeing brand management, advertising and public relations as it applies to newsletters, annual report, event promotional materials (Convention Expo, golf outings), press releases, website, donor giving method options, and state convention communications.
- Experience in Non-Profit Development, Sales, and/or Marketing with a track record of growth
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) as well as an ability to learn new software programs. Ability to learn/use QuickBooks and E-Tapestry.
- Strong FFA background and knowledge
This position will remain open until filled. Screening of applicants begins January 17, 2022. Desired start date of March 1, 2022 or sooner.
To apply, submit a detailed letter of application addressing the competencies and technical/professional knowledge, a current resume, and the names and contact information for three (3) references to: WI FFA Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org