Wisconsin FFA Center's Weekly Newsletter
A update on Wisconsin FFA activities from the Wisconsin FFA Center, Inc.
April is quickly passing and the state officers and staff have been working hard on many events and activities. It has been exciting that our state officers have now been able to attend in-person events and participate in activities with FFA members. Let us know how our state officers can serve your members.
This email is to provide you with a brief update and to know that more details will be coming soon.
1. Sectional Leadership Development Events -Just sent you an email with details. We are just getting those underway this week. When they are all complete by the middle of May, we will know more as to the status of the State Level Leadership Development Events.
2. State Degree Notifications -The state officer advisors have been working hard to review your state degrees and they are reaching out to advisors in their own sections to work through appeals and assist me in finalizing the approval process. I hope that we can wrap those up this week and I can create the final list of approved state degree recipients. If you have questions right now, please contact your state officer advisor in your section.
3. Wisconsin State Star Finalists -The State Star Applications are currently being judged and we are hoping to release the list of our Star Finalists next week.
4. Proficiency Award Results -Emailed to all advisors. Terry is working on ordering awards…but we ask for your patience as this is also a huge job. We are also working out details to announce the results in June before our in-person convention. Watch for more details.
5. Band and Chorus- Results are ready to share with advisors and I will be sending an email to those advisors this week. Before we decide on any final performance schedules we need to know that the schools that these students are coming from will be able to participate in person this summer. Watch for an email from me soon.
6. American Degrees -We have not yet reviewed the American Degrees. We will be working on that soon and getting you results. Thank you again for your patience.
7. State FFA Officer Applications - Due April 30, 2021Postmarked to the Wisconsin FFA Center - PLEASE ENCOURAGE YOUR STUDENTS TO APPLY. WE ARE LOOKING FOR TOP-NOTCH FFA MEMBERS WHO ARE READY TO SERVE OUR ASSOCIATION.
We started last week with our first State Officer Academy but please know that this was only the beginning and members who want to run for state office were not required to attend. We are planning for another State Officer Academy in May some time.
This next year will be full of many activities for our state officers…some things again might look different but we will keep a full schedule….just as we did this year….and we need top quality leadership to help us do that for the 2021-2022 school year.
PLEASE AGAIN ENCOURAGE YOUR STUDENTS TO RUN FOR OFFICE.
8. National Chapter and Three Star Leaders Award Applications
Due April 30 - National FFA Chapter Award Applications - Please email us the completed PDF of your application.
Due April 30 -Three Star Leaders Applications - Again email the completed application to the Wisconsin FFA Center
9. State Talent Competition- Watch for more information….we are planning to do a virtual talent competition again and request video submissions. And we also hope that the top competitors will be able to perform at the state convention in July. Watch for more information.
10. Food For America - May 20 -We are accepting Food for America Applications and the application has been revised for activities you may have done virtually this year. So check it out and apply!!!! https://wisconsinaged.org/ffa/awards/food-for-america/
11. Agriscience Fair - Entry forms are due May 1- Make sure to check out all the information about the Agriscience Fair on the Wisconsin FFA website. Results for the Agriscience Fair will be announced before the July Convention. https://wisconsinaged.org/ffa/events/agriscience-fair/
12.State FFA Convention- We are moving forward with our plans for an in-person convention the Week of July 5. We are still working on the schedule but tentatively we are looking to a similar schedule from Monday through Thursday for events to take place. We had a great meeting last week to do some initial planning and soon we will release more information. I am also working with the Madison Convention and Visitors Bureau to set up hotel blocks for those that are able to stay overnight. We also know that not everyone can attend in-person so don’t worry we are also working out the details for livestreaming and using our social media for connections with thousands of people!!!
Stay healthy and stay positive. We continue to work through this together!!
Thank you for all you are doing for students and for each other!!
If anyone has questions, please feel free to email me or call.
Cheryl L. Zimmerman
Wisconsin FFA Executive Director
Wisconsin FFA Center, Inc.