Wisconsin FFA Center's Weekly Newsletter
1. Update on 2022 State FFA Degree Applications
2. 2022 State FFA Proficiency Award Results
3. 2022 State FFA Honors Band and Chorus Rosters
4. Career Development Event Updates
5. State Officer Candidates Needed for 2022-2023 Officer Positions
6. State FFA Officer Reimbursement for Mileage to FFA Banquets and Events
7. Contest Entry Forms Online - Conduct of Meetings LDE, High School Quiz Bowl, Ag. Issues LDE, and Marketing Plan CDE - Due May 2
8. Middle School Essay Contest - Entries Due April 20
9. Next Generation Conference Application Deadline Extended
10. FFA Grants for Growing Application Open
11. NEW Non-Designed Lesson Worksheets Compatible With All Learning Platforms
12. Quote of the Week
Upcoming Deadlines and Activities
Remember these important dates:
April 26 National FFA Chapter Award Applications - Sent by Email to Wisconsin FFA Center
April 26 Three Star Leaders Applications Postmarked - Sent by Email to Wisconsin FFA Center
April 28 2022 State FFA Officer Applications - Send to the Wisconsin FFA Center
May 2 Entries for Conduct of Meetings LDE, High School Quiz Bowl, Ag. Issues and Marketing Plan Due
May 2 Wisconsin Agriscience Fair Entries Due
May 6 Food for America Award Applications - Sent by Email to Wisconsin FFA Center
May 17 State FFA Courtesy Corps Applications - Complete Online Form
May 17 State FFA Public Relations Team - Complete Online Form
Thank you for your cooperation with this matter. State FFA Officers do many of the "extra" things for their chapters on a voluntary basis as their schedules permit and we do not want this to become a financial burden on them. The State Association does not require they do all these "extra" activities, but State Officers are excited and very willing to serve your chapters. If you officially invite state officers to the events mentioned above, we do need your assistance to reimburse the officers for their expenses as these "extra" activities are not in the FFA Association budget and are voluntary for the officers to attend. Reimbursement is very important to these young people.
If your chapter would be interested in competing in the Conduct of Meetings LDE; High School Quiz Bowl; Ag. Issues LDE and/or Marketing Plan CDE at the 2022 State FFA Convention, entry forms are online at www.wisconsinffa.org Entry forms are currently available and due May 2 for all competitions to the Wisconsin FFA Center. We encourage more chapters to consider these competitions.
All FFA members in 7th and 8th grade are eligible to compete in the Wisconsin FFA Jr. High/Middle School Essay Contest. A chapter can submit up to five entries. This year’s theme for the essay contest is “The Time is NOW“. Essays can be up to 500 words and must be typed. Essays are judged on proper grammar and punctuation, how well the author addresses the theme, organization and clarity, originality and neatness. Essays need to be sent to the Wisconsin FFA Center, P.O. Box 110, Spencer, WI 54479.
Wisconsin FFA Executive Director
Wisconsin FFA Center, Inc.